Tuesday, November 22, 2005

boring blogs, digital cameras, lomos, and funk


so i've been missing again. yeah. i've abandoned my dear diary one more time. the truth is that much to my regret i'm not the writer i'd like to be and inspiration for this kind of thing hits me extremely rarely. like, for example, on a tuesday afternoon when my room is clean, bills are paid, and there's nothing urgent to do. tuesday's sort of my day off, i only have one hour of work.

someone left a comment saying that girl's blogs are boring. now, i suspect he was referring to mine, in which case i would nobly accept his comment. i don't find my blog fascinating either. but i don't think it's safe to conclude all girl blogs are boring. so watch your mouth, mister! mhm.

being the retro geek that i am, i decided i do not want a digital camera. a lot of the feeling gets lost in deleting, it's so much sweeter to have the prints to remind you of how you fucked up. also, i like to tell myself that the fact that i have limited resources (that'd be film and money), will make me actually think of what i'm doing with my camera. hopefully, that will make me improve my skills.
so all my savings for a digital camera will go to buy me a better and bigger lens for my sweet old pentax slr.
and for extra fun, i'll be shooting with my two sweet lomos. i got a supersampler for my birthday this summer, and just the other day i got a fisheye. hurrah! these things are hella fun, i tell you. i 've been playing with the fisheye non-stop since i got it, so expect some photos soon. really. i've sworn to myself i'll get them developed by the end of the week.

by the way, that thing on top is a photo taken with the supersampler in late august, or something, at lake biwa. i'm still struggling with arranging the photos properly in this blog.

p.s. on sunday night i went to see jamiroquai in osaka. it was a shame no cameras were allowed, but that allowed me to dance and jump freely all i want. the man is a beast! he's so tiny, but so full of energy...it's mind blowing. apart from being freakishly talented, he's also damn charming. and the way he moves...mmm...

jamiroquai -- love foolosophy

1 comment:

K. said...

xio -- whoa! congratulations! despite of my foul retro ways, eos 350d remains a fabulous camera. use it well! and come show me afterwards. :)

longstockingpipi -- blagodarq! az, mi. no mejdu teb i men da si ostane, imam oshte mnogo za uchene. ;)
vijdam, che i ti si se premestila v blogspot. dobre doshla! :)