Friday, October 28, 2005

in an empty state

here i go again, feeling in a state of complete vacuum and emptiness. i hate it when i get like that. there's a bunch of interesting and fun things i could do, but no, the only thing i seem to be able to do right now is to listen to an israeli student radio station which plays nice, well-chosen tracks, and has girl hosts who whisper with sexy voices between every few songs in an incomprehensible to me, but nevertheless pretty language.

and to think that i could listen to the radio while:

-writing a letter to accompany the cinnamon basil seeds i need to send my friend
-completing my scribblings in a certain journal and finally sending it to another friend
-studying kanji (it's nice exercise, and a fun thing to do)
-studying hebrew (which i seem to have neglected the past few years, but it's still something i want to do)
-washing the three mugs and 2 plates in the sink
-finishing the article on cirque du soleil and thinking up questions to ask my acquaintance Esa in december
-doing some more research on iceland (regardless of when i will actually need it)

and on and on. and still, here i am, spinning around slowly in the vacuum i've created around me. on days like this, i try to kick myself into living the colorful life i want to live.

and so, i will. i'm going on a trip to japan sea this weekend. alone, with my discman and my camera. i'll post about it when i get back, and hopefully i'll have a few good photos to show.

now shower, bed, and colorful dreams.


cat power -- fool

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

skype hates me. i tried to get it to give me some love today, but it just "quits unexpectedly." fucker.

what is this cirque du soleil thing you speak of? and iceland... hmmm.

i wish we could chat. i feel a little feverish, sad, and lonely. in good ways, ways that make for good chat.

Anonymous said...

I hope you will feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

for purely selfish reasons: god, yes.. learn hebrew. if only for the music.

i'm listening to an israeli album that makes me want to drop all my plans and go back.. it's more than beautiful, it touches something that i haven't even thought about in a while.

Anonymous said...

gal. lovely thought. maybe i'll learn hebrew now.

Anonymous said...

oh! you definately do! something with your life.
I took one week off from work and I stayed in bed practically all of it - not moving! It's not a life!

Bruce Wayne said...

женски блогове... баси скуката :(

Anonymous said...

a nai-hubavoto na blogovete e, nickname, che nikoi ne moje da te nakara da chetesh neshta, koito ne iskash da chetesh, nali?!