Tuesday, November 29, 2005

self-pity and bitching

obviously, my landlady has cleverly thought of a new way to torment me. she still hasn't started liking me, and she's still rather creative, after all these 4.5 years i've paid her rent. so the new trick is showing up at the door with no notice at all. just like that. and today she also brought a real estate agent along. he was walking around the house taking notes in his little clipboard thing. i had no choice but to get up, and scramble to the kitchen to make myself some coffee. it made me snicker, though, that the house was a mess. i rather enjoyed the mildly shocked look on his face. and not that i'm craving for my wench of a landlady's attention, but they acted as if i wasn't there. WHAT THE HELL? i'm still living here damn it. my contract has about a year to go and i will stay until the very end, if i want to! but now i have to fear what she's plotting.
minutes later, forcing myself to enjoy my cup of coffee and a cigarette, i seriously thought about researching voodoo practices. if you can give me any advice, please contact me immediately. i will love you forever.

it's a beautiful autumn day outside and i have to stay at home waiting for the oil delivery guy. ugh. god knows if he'll find my house. it's not even on the map! one more reason to hate my landlady. with a passion.

here's something that made me feel a little less invisible today. it's a text message i got from a student of mine while we were discussing the time of our lesson today. sometimes i love bad english.

"I'm looking foward to you☆ "

rachael yamagata -- be be your love

p.s. sara was right. death cab for cutie's new album is pretty good. in fact, i think i like it better than transatlanticism. but then again, that could be because i listened to it until my ears bled. i have a secret to share, however. no matter how much i like their music, the singer's voice still annoys me sometimes. does that make me a horrible person?

p.p.s. i just came across this blog, and i find it highly entertaining.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

But you are not living in a doorm So you should be thankful:)))

kris dresen said...

Howdy,K! Thanks for commenting in my blog and putting that rather clueless gal in her place. I couldn't compose anything that didn't sound extra super-cranky...

K. said...

hey, maggie

for the love of god, i cannot remember what comment i've posted on your blog, but it surely is an honor to have you comment in mine.
it's a comforting thought to see that there's other people out there who share my opinion of lesbians. or at least the majority of them.
i like what you write.