Wednesday, September 21, 2005

chaotic update

i try not to do this, but today i'll indulge myself in blabbing about my own little life.

topic# 1 or "why i haven't written and just what the hell is going on with me"

i've had a rough summer. i won't go into details, i'll just say i've had a lot of shit to sort out. with friends, supposed significant others, family, school.
seems like everything needed a serious face-lift or a paintover. is paintover even a word in english?
i guess now you could say i'm standing in the middle of the room that is my life, brush in hand, looking at the work i've done so far. i've painted about one third of the room, and it's already started looking brighter and fresher. better. sometimes my back aches and i need a little break, but then i get back to it. sometimes it gets a little lonely being alone in an empty room that's not quite yet renovated, but it's ok. i know that when it's ready, someone will come visit and we'll have a good time.

topic #2 or "why do i blog in english"

why really? sometimes i feel pretty dumb for posting in a language that's not my own. sometimes there's things i can't say in english, only in bulgarian. sometimes i feel like a moron foreigner-wannabe for writing in english.
but if i post in bulgarian the majority of my blog's audience ( i suppose 3 out of 5 people) wouldn't get what i'm talking about.
the hell with it...i'll write in whatever language i feel like at the moment.

topic #3 or "music"

there's been several things on my playlist lately. and i guess they would fall respectively into two categories -- "just music" (which of course is never just music) and "house music".
the first one i call "just music" but i'd like to say that i am not using the word "just" in a deprecating sense. more like the "pure" sense of the word. i could say "general" music, but that sounds rather sterile to me. i can't call it "pop music" either, for the dirty meaning this word has nowadays.
and i just don't know how to encompass all the styles in it, so there. "just music".

the other category is "house music", which, i have discovered, is the only kind of music that can lift me off the ground and pump me up with life.

i was planning on sharing some musical news and impressions, but i suppose i'll leave it for later on today. it's 5am and i need a bit of sleep.

i have to paint tomorrow.

kaskade -- everything (big room mix)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i really like the analogy you use about painting a room. im going to borrow it, and sound clever and deep when in conversation with others.
I hope thats okay with you :D
Josie

PS - email me!! I miss you!!

K. said...

hey jojo,

thanks! of course you can use it :)))
go ahead!

please, please email me your address again. and i promise that as soon as you email me your address, this comment will self-destroy :P

K. said...

erm,not email. comment me your e-mail :)

Anonymous said...

Glad you're figuring stuff out :) even more so that you're doing it while music is playing in the background. Good stuff.
You know where to find me when that room is painted, or whenever else you feel like talking.

:)

Gal