Friday, June 24, 2005

little things

wonderful things about today (in no particular order):

calling a dear friend i hadn't called in almost a year and her not asking "who's this?". i just said hi and she just laughed and said how happy she was i called. може да прозвучи кретенски, но, мишо, обичам те. it was eight in the morning and she was just starting work. it was two in the afternoon here.

paying attention to track three of me'shell ndegeocello's new album and being totally blown away by it. i've said this before, but this song is yet another proof that skin can react to music.
the cd is, roughly said, a jazz album. and so much more. then again, the word jazz is big enough to encompass so much. this leads me to point three of...

discovering the band "brazilian girls" who are mostly boys, actually. i cannot even begin to describe how alive their music makes me feel.

talking to my mom and her being so...i guess affectionate is the word. loving and understanding.

getting a hug from a great friend here. a hug with the whole body, warm and long.

paying my phone bill and being in contact with the world again.

having a beer by the creek on 哲学の道. no fireflies tonight, but still good.


maybe i should stop writing in lists.


me'shell ndegeocello featuring sabina sciubba -- aquarium

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't stop :) writing in lists I mean. Interesno e

K. said...

i have skype. but i can't get my mom to write me a single email, let alone asking her to use skype. besides, she's still on dial-up. ah well.
thanks for the idea.

hm, did i just mix the two things you were talking about. aanyway. i'm up incredibly early.